Explore & discover

Helpful Links

utterly confused

Contributor

utterly confused

Hey, 

This is Jim. I have been an At&T customer for years. Recently finally made the step into the 21st century with getting an I-phone, however it was stolen and wiped a week ago. I wanted to go pick up a cheap phone at Target to transfer my existing plan onto, so I got a pre-paid phone, but perhaps this was a mistake. I though Pre-paid meant that you already had an At&T plan, but is that not the case. This pre-paid phone wants me to start a new plan. Is this new pre-paid plan going to be piled up ontop of the plan I am still paying for with my stolen phone. Let me know. I would call y'all, but like I said, my phone was stolen. 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: utterly confused

@JimMcCarren

Go back to ATT.  They need to make a new SIM card for your old number.  SIM cards contain your number and account information.  Bring photo ID and expect to provide proof the account is yours.  PIN number/passcode

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Yes

You will choose a plan that best fits you. What are they saying about the stolen phone. I had my Moto watch come up gone, then my phone. I called they black listed my phone. No one can ever have it activated or use it 

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Tutor

Yes

You will choose a plan that best fits you. What are they saying about the stolen phone. I had my Moto watch come up gone, then my phone. I called they black listed my phone. No one can ever have it activated or use it. You should ask to add to the black list. They won't have satisfaction of usuus it. Good luck

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Sage

@Maiden61  geesh, it’s  3 month old post, and the OP already has a plan, he just needs a new sim. 🙄

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support