Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Mike5777's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 1:21 AM

WiFi calling on prepaid plan

Dose Att prepaid plan have WiFi calling?

Tutor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

What about wifi calling on other devices? I was able to enable wifi calling today too (on iPhone X) but they blocked me from "enabling on other devices" so I can use it on my Apple Watch 😠

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@PsuFan513 wrote:
What if you go airplane mode, can you use wifi calling?

Yes, just turn WiFi back on.

Tutor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

You don't even need to turn wifi back on if you have already turned wifi on (and left it on) in airplane mode before!

Anyone tried or know anything about wifi calling on other devices?

Scholar

• 

156 Messages

5 years ago

It seems to have activated successfully today on my att prepay Samsung galaxy s7 active (smg891a).  Maybe VoLTE will soon work as well?   In Washington DC here, by the way. 

Tutor

• 

24 Messages

5 years ago

If you enabled wifi calling, you already have VoLTE. My LTE icon would turn 4G while on a call. Now that wifi calling was enabled in my area, it does not go 4G anymore. No carrier update required.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hi all has anyone got it working in the NY/NJ area? 

Scholar

• 

156 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you nealsil, just confirmed VoLTE is working now that wifi calling is enabled (but turned off wifi for the test)    Much faster call connect times as well.    

Thank you to att for bringing this update to prepay (finally).    

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

RScarol are you in the NY area? Trying to determine if it will for me if I go back to prepaid. 

Scholar

• 

156 Messages

5 years ago

I am in Washington, DC.    Send me an Accela ticket I will test it out.   Probably cheaper to just get a free sim and activate a pay per use prepay account on a new number to try it out.   

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

LOL! Still have my prepaid sim..: maybe I can do something with that if I call ATT?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.