Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
awc5004's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, August 16th, 2018 12:35 PM

When is the best time to change prepaid plans

Hello, my wife and I are currently on multiline prepaid plan with autopay enabled. I would like to switch her plan from the 6GB/month to 8GB/month plan.

When would be the best time to do this? Lets say my renew date is Sept 12, so should I switch her current plan on Sept 11 to get the most out of it? How will this affect autopay tho? I don't want to pay $50 for the switched plan on the 11th, but get hit all over again with the autopay on the 12th.

Any help with this would be appreciated

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

It should not change the renewal date. When you change her plan, rather than being charged for a full 30 days, you should only be charged for the number of days left in the current plan, then get charged for a full 30 days on the renewal day. If you change on the 10th, you should only be charged for 2 days worth of the 8GB plan. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

As long as you change her plan before the plan renew date, you should not be double charged. Since the autopay price for the 8GB plan is the same as the 6 GB plan, I would say changing on the 11th is best but you might consider changing on the 10th just to avoid any conflict with the autopay renewal.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for the quick reply!

How would this affect the auto renewal date on the account then? If I switch and pay for her plan on the 10th, but my line doesn't renew till the 12th, how will that affect our renewal date?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Excellent!

Thank you very much!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.