Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Switching plans

Highlighted
Contributor

Switching plans

Hello. I am in need of access to data for the next 5 months (staying with a prepaid plan), which I don't have with my 10 cents per minute plan, so I am looking at moving to a higher monthly charge. However, at the end of the 5 months, I need to go back to a lower price prepaid plan. I am under the impression that the 10 cents per minute plan is something for which you have to be eligible. I do not know what is required to be eligible for it however. Is my understanding correct? Would I be able to switch back to it by the end of the 5 months?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage

Re: Switching plans

No.  If you give it up the current pay per use is 25¢ per minute.   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Do you know what would need to happen before I am able to move back to the
10 cents per minute plan? Or is it old, and no longer applies to prepaid
customers?
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Amandas
‎12-18-2018 5:16 PM

The 10 cent plan is an old plan and no longer offered. Only those that already have it can keep it. Once you change, you can’t get it back.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Thank you both for your help!
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support