Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Switch from postpaid to prepaid

Highlighted
Contributor

Switch from postpaid to prepaid

Hello, I’ve been thinking about switching to at&t prepaid and leaving postpaid. I’m not to concerned about data speed but my biggest concern is will I still have the same signal as postpaid to make phone calls and text    Thank you 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Briancm
‎12-31-2018 3:26 PM

Re: Switch from postpaid to prepaid

That depends on where you live and what towers are near you. Prepaid only uses ATT owned towers. If that is what you currently use, there should be no change. However, postpaid also uses partner owned towers. If that is what you are using, your signal could be impacted greatly by switching to prepaid. Before switching, just get a prepaid SIM card and activate it with a new number. As little as $10 will get you service for 30 days to check it out.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Scholar

Re: Switch from postpaid to prepaid

Actually, in some areas ATT Prepaid will use some roaming towers, at least for voice/text.  Much of Nebraska, for example, is roaming since native coverage there for ATT is pretty poor.  Historical reasons, I assume.  But even postpaid data roaming is pretty poor on ATT, only 100-200mb, I think.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support