Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Stop payment for traveling overseas.

Highlighted
Contributor

Stop payment for traveling overseas.

I will not be in the U.S. for 4 months and how can I stop my payment and keep my account in active status?

I saw solutions about rrfill 100$ to keep it activates, but what does it means refill and balance?I am not clear for that. Does it mean that I just add $100 to my account balance there to hold for enough time and there won't have any charges deducted to the $100 if I cancelled autopay?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: Stop payment for traveling overseas.

@ck981010 You can't quite get to "zero", on the charges, but close:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1046747?gsi=gwqz1g

If it's a military-deployment, there are better options, but you have to contact them (and if so, I thank you for your service, truly):

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1045125?isreauth=true&gsi=gwrddw

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎06-07-2019 10:57 AM

@pgrey Military cancelation is for postpaid only, not prepaid.

@ck981010 Before you leave, do the following: 1) Change your plan to one of the pay per use plans, 2) turn autopay off, if applicable, 3) refill your account with $100. A $100 or higher refill is good for a year. When you return, change back to your monthly plan. The $100 refill will still be there to use.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Master

Thanks, @sandblaster , @lizdance40 , for the assist here.

One of you should "tag the heck out of this post", so (hopefully) people will search/find it...

I feel like people are finding really old "solutions", recently, and I know I've fallen behind a bit, on tagging all mine...

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support