Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Starting A Multi Line confusion

Highlighted
Contributor

Starting A Multi Line confusion

I have a prepaid account and I would like to add a line for my son. When I went to start a multi line account it asked for the second persons phone number to invite them to my multi line plan. So, 2 questions immediately came to mind: 1. Do I have to buy a SIM and start (and pay for) an individual prepaid AT&T account for him BEFORE I can invite him to the multi line account? If 1’s answer is “No” then: 2. Is there an alternate way to sign him up on my account with a new cell number that I am just not seeing? But If 1’s answer is yes then: 2. Won’t I then have to wait a month until the day before his new plan would reset in order to add him to the multi line account so that I don’t  lose the original monthly charge that I would pay upon opening the new line?

Sorry for the length, I just wanted to make sure my question had all the pertinent information. Thank you all for any and all advice you can offer. 

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Wojtanni
‎02-13-2019 8:37 AM

Re: Starting A Multi Line confusion

1. Do I have to buy a SIM and start (and pay for) an individual prepaid AT&T account for him BEFORE I can invite him to the multi line account? Yes. You can’t invite a number until that number exists and has a multiline eligible plan. If 1’s answer is “No” then: 2. Is there an alternate way to sign him up on my account with a new cell number that I am just not seeing? But If 1’s answer is yes then: 2. Won’t I then have to wait a month until the day before his new plan would reset in order to add him to the multi line account so that I don’t  lose the original monthly charge that I would pay upon opening the new line? No. When you invite that line and they accept, you will get a credit for any unused days they have left on their plan.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support