Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Starting A Multi Line confusion

Highlighted
Contributor

Starting A Multi Line confusion

I have a prepaid account and I would like to add a line for my son. When I went to start a multi line account it asked for the second persons phone number to invite them to my multi line plan. So, 2 questions immediately came to mind: 1. Do I have to buy a SIM and start (and pay for) an individual prepaid AT&T account for him BEFORE I can invite him to the multi line account? If 1’s answer is “No” then: 2. Is there an alternate way to sign him up on my account with a new cell number that I am just not seeing? But If 1’s answer is yes then: 2. Won’t I then have to wait a month until the day before his new plan would reset in order to add him to the multi line account so that I don’t  lose the original monthly charge that I would pay upon opening the new line?

Sorry for the length, I just wanted to make sure my question had all the pertinent information. Thank you all for any and all advice you can offer. 

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Wojtanni
‎02-13-2019 8:37 AM

Re: Starting A Multi Line confusion

1. Do I have to buy a SIM and start (and pay for) an individual prepaid AT&T account for him BEFORE I can invite him to the multi line account? Yes. You can’t invite a number until that number exists and has a multiline eligible plan. If 1’s answer is “No” then: 2. Is there an alternate way to sign him up on my account with a new cell number that I am just not seeing? But If 1’s answer is yes then: 2. Won’t I then have to wait a month until the day before his new plan would reset in order to add him to the multi line account so that I don’t  lose the original monthly charge that I would pay upon opening the new line? No. When you invite that line and they accept, you will get a credit for any unused days they have left on their plan.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support