Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
CAELRE's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 2nd, 2018 10:11 PM

Prepaid Plans Sim Reuse

I got a prepaid sim when I was in the states in June ($45 - unlimited calls/texts and 6GB data.) My next payment is due July 5th but I won’t be back in America again until the middle of August. Will I be able to use the same sim and just buy another $45 monthly plan or will I need to purchase another sim? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

You will be able to use the same SIM card. Your sim card is good until your account is closed and the SIM card is deactivated. Your account is closed if your account balance is $0 for more than 60 days after your plan expires. For you that means you have 60 days starting July 5 to renew your plan. That will give you until early September.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Follow up question - Can I reuse an old sim card which the account was closed several years ago for prepaid plans?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have a prepaid sim card that I haven’t used in over two years due to me being on a contract plan with a different sim. Would I be able to switch back to my prepaid plan even while my phone is off and if it means also having to get a new number? If so how?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.