Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Prepaid Plans Sim Reuse

Highlighted
Contributor

Prepaid Plans Sim Reuse

I got a prepaid sim when I was in the states in June ($45 - unlimited calls/texts and 6GB data.) My next payment is due July 5th but I won’t be back in America again until the middle of August. Will I be able to use the same sim and just buy another $45 monthly plan or will I need to purchase another sim? 

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by CAELRE
‎07-02-2018 3:47 PM

Re: Prepaid Plans Sim Reuse

You will be able to use the same SIM card. Your sim card is good until your account is closed and the SIM card is deactivated. Your account is closed if your account balance is $0 for more than 60 days after your plan expires. For you that means you have 60 days starting July 5 to renew your plan. That will give you until early September.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Prepaid Plans Sim Reuse

Follow up question - Can I reuse an old sim card which the account was closed several years ago for prepaid plans?

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support