Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
sarahfezzo's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 26th, 2018 12:24 PM

Prepaid Family Plan timing question

I have a prepaid account which will renew on Jun 6. My wife has a prepaid account which was created new on May 25 and will renew on Jun 23. I wish to convert my account to family plan master account and add my wife's account as member. Considering the overlapping plan intervals, when would be the best time to do this without losing money previously paid?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

It should not matter when you do it. As the master account, you will automatically get credit for any unused days of her plan when she joins. From the multiline FAQ:

What happens to my balance if I join a PREPAID Multi-Line account?

The account owner receives a partial credit for any unused days of the prior monthly plan.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Hi,
I had an exactly similar problem with my wife's account and mine. However, at&t charged the full amount from her (earlier) prepaid plan ($30 with autopay + taxes) as well as the new whole amount from my account ($50 with autopay + taxes).

I am confused about how to get a refund for the earlier payment from at&t? Any help or directions is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.