06-25-2018 10:05 AM
I'm considering the $55 data plan.
I'll be on a roadtrip with my family from New York to Florida.
I'm from Europe, coming in for just 25 days.
Will buy one connection (for budget reasons) and keep it in case i need to call US numbers and for the unlimited data.
My questions are the following please:
01. Will AT&T work across all the states on the East Coast?
02. From where can i buy the prepay SIM? I'll be landing in JFK and staying for 3 days in NYC.
03. Is the data truly 'Unlimited'? I will use this to update traffic on Google Maps primarily and keeping connected via Messenger etc.
04. Would I need to fill any forms? And would the fact that I'm on a temporary visit create issues?
05. In order to get the tariff for $55 instead of $65, do I need to give my credit card details and put an automatic topup?
06. How would I be able to disconnect the service completely once I'm ready to go out of USA?
Thanks for your help in advance!
Solved by: Go to Solution.
06-25-2018 11:33 AM
Welcome to the states!
As to whether or not it will work across all states in the eastern US, the quick answer is it will work in all states. However, you should consult the AT&T prepaid map for coverage areas that you will be traveling as there are areas where coverage may be limited or not covered. If you are staying on major interstates during your east cost trip, those will most definitely covered.
You can purchase a sim at a Corporate AT&T store, Best Buy, Walgreens to name a few. It would be best to do it at the AT&T store as they can help you get the plan set up immediately.
The data is truly unlimited but it does not have hotspot features. If you go over 22gb, you can face slow downs during times of congestion.
There is nothing to fill out when purchasing the sim or the refill card.
If you are here for 25 days, I would highly advise you to not sign up for the autopay option. You can only get the discount with autopay. There are a number of threads on this forum where the autopay is not turned off and the bank or credit cards are charged for a few months. I would check to make sure this is not enabled on your account. There is no need for top off if you are here for 25 days with an Unlimited plan.
If you do not have autopay, you account will expire 30 days after the service started. The account and number will remain open for another 60 days in case you need to use it again but if you do not add funds or renew, the account will go away 60 days after the plan expires.
- edited 08-25-2018 2:26 PM
The AT&T Sim card itself cost between US$5 to US$10 ,some states you need to pay tax.
The Sim card itself is not active,no phone number and no credit inside.
This is the way they sell Sim cards in USA and Canada.
08-26-2018 3:49 AM
SIM card comes with instructions to activate and pay for a plan.