Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Pedro45's profile

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, October 9th, 2018 8:59 PM

Pre-paid expiry - a month or 30 days?

The AT&T webpile at https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html shows plans as MONTHLY.  Yet checking our accounts at https://www.paygonline.com/websc/home.html shows the period will only be 30 days when October has 31 days.  Are AT&T short-changing peeps to 30-day renewal?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Prepaid “monthly” plans are actually 30 days, so yes, the renew date changes in every month that does not have exactly 30 days.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

6 years ago

So you DON'T actually get a month on a monthly plan?  Isn't that misleading?

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

6 years ago

Yes it is. ATT prepaid is misleading in a bunch of ways. This is one. Because on postpaid a monthly plan is due the same date every month, it doesn’t vary. They should accurately call it a “30 day plan” as it is not monthly. 

Every bill in the world due once a month, mortgage, cable, electric, credit cards, loans, insurance, att postpaid, are the same day. That’s a monthly charge, a monthly service charge for cable and postpaid even, so you are correct. And for people who budget, not covering the month and being predictable (first month is 2 bills in a 31 day month really) can be an annoyance. Sign up first of October, pay 30th of October, to pay again in November, actually totals to not save me anything over my postpaid. Go figure. 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

6 years ago

And they (AT&&T or someone) censor posts here too.

So thanks for nothing, AT&T.  You've left us between a rock and a hard place, with no service on our day of departure from the US.  No Uber connect (hotel's wifi doesn't reach the curb), no keeping in touch with each other as we kill time at the departure or transit airports.

Will be reporting this on travel forums to warn peeps that they will get stiffed if they expect a month when the plan says a month.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Pedro45 Simple solution. Refill your account with $10 and switch to the $2/day plan. That $2 gets you unlimited talk and text for a day plus you can purchase data at a rate of $1 for 100MB. You don’t have to buy another 30 day plan you can’t use.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

6 years ago

Appreciate the suggestion.  May consider that approach.  Pity no-one has taken them to task (legally) for deceptive practice. Even a BBB ...

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

6 years ago

Probably more doable for not stating numbers can’t be ported without going to a store. Since they don’t state that anywhere whatsoever. But probably in the fine print says 30 days, not monthly. Monthly wouldn’t have 2 charges in a month really, but in the fine print I’m certain it was there. It’s definitely deceptive but businesses prey on the fact people don’t read the fine details. I did, and yet still got screwed LOL 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

If I go that route, can I just do it now (before the current "month" term ends)?

Don't know whether I can trust AT&T - have already cancelled AutoPay on both our services but SWMBO just received a text: "Just a reminder, your Prepaid AutoPay for $40.00 plus taxes and fees (less account balance on payment date) will occur in 10 days on 2018-11-03."  Rechecked and both accounts show as AutoPay OFF and $50 payment required for next "month".

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

If I go that route, can I just do it now (before the current "month" term ends)?

@Pedro45 Sure you can do it now but you can’t schedule the change. When you change plans, your old plan terminates and you lose any remaining days. The change takes effect immediately.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

"Sure you can do it now it you can’t schedule the change."

? Not sure how to read that (typo?). Can I schedule the change, or do I need to wait for the current plan to expire (unless I want to lose days, in which case I wind up paying to replace the lost days)?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.