Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
JDNDHKM's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 13th, 2018 12:59 AM

I have questions about prepaid plan and regular plan

I'm trying to use a service for only a month. Is it possible for both prepaid plan and regular plan just using one month and stopping service? and do I have to pay some fees if I stop my service after using only a month?

What's the differences between the regular and prepaid plan? Is it for prepaid you pay before you use a month and for regular you pay after you use for a month?

I see some refill cards on Walmart or Kroger, are these refill cards prepaid plan or the regular plan? I'm thinking about buying one of these refill card and buying atnt sim card. So can I just put in sim card and activate my phone on online using refill cards?

Lastly, does any phone compatible with atnt by IMEI test available for use of all the plans that atnt have? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@JDNDHKM wrote:

I'm trying to use a service for only a month. Is it possible for both prepaid plan and regular plan just using one month and stopping service? Definitely possible with prepaid, not with postpaid since postpaid billing cycles don’t necessarily start on the day you start service. Though you can definitely cancel postpaid after a month, you will end up paying for more than one month of service. and do I have to pay some fees if I stop my service after using only a month? There are no cancel fees for either prepaid or postpaid. However, with postpaid, you must call to cancel. You will be billed monthly until you cancel or port. With prepaid, you just stop paying.

What's the differences between the regular and prepaid plan? Is it for prepaid you pay before you use a month and for regular you pay after you use for a month? Kind of. With prepaid, you definitely pay for service first. With postpaid, it isn’t after the month, it is during the month.

I see some refill cards on Walmart or Kroger, are these refill cards prepaid plan or the regular plan? Those are for prepaid service only. I'm thinking about buying one of these refill card and buying atnt sim card. So can I just put in sim card and activate my phone on online using refill cards? Yes.

Lastly, does any phone compatible with atnt by IMEI test available for use of all the plans that atnt have? Yes but those compatibility tests only ensure they are compatible with voice service. You need to check the phone specifications against ATT’s network specifications to ensure the phone will also work on the data network. Thank you.

Postpaid also requires a credit check and possibly a deposit. There are also activation fees. No credit check or activation fee on prepaid. If you only want service for a month, prepaid is the way to go.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.