Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Benhollberg's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, October 14th, 2018 6:04 PM

FirstNet missing features?

I switched to FirstNet about ten days ago and am not happy that it appears to be missing several features my old AT&T account had. 

Two critical features I haven’t been able to use are Wi-Fi calling and Visual Voicemail. Can someone verify that these are not supported? I guess it’s possible my phone isn’t setup correctly. 

Another feature that that I use less often but will make me switch back to AT&T service when the time comes is international options. It looks like FirstNet has zero international options, is that true? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @Benhollberg

FirstNet is a highly specialized service and its plans might not have the same features as consumer offerings, but your FirstNet contact person should be able to give you more information. Or if you don't have a direct contact, you can contact the FirstNet customer service from firstnet.com.

About the international options, the rate plan information on the firstnet.com states that the only international options available are Canad and Mexico, and not all devices are covered under this roaming option.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I spoke to FirstNet customer service, the visual voicemail was not setup correctly on my account. It was a quick fix and I now have visual voicemail.

In order to get Wi-Fi Calling you must go to an AT&T Store and get an AT&T SIM. The people I spoke to gave me different results when I asked whether you still used the FirstNet spectrum and have FirstNet priority. The employees at the store said yes, but the FirstNet employee on the phone said the FirstNet spectrum is used but you at times may not receive the same priority that having a FirstNet SIM would give you. I did get an AT&T SIM and I now can use Wi-Fi calling. The FirstNet employee did tell me that getting Wi-Fi calling on their SIM is a high priority. 

There are a few international options as well, but they are very limited. The plan is basically the same as the AT&T International Day Pass plan, but it only offers services in about 25 countries. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

I still stop in Verizon forums.   There is much unrest from first responders who have found Verizon does NOT have a “first responder “ plan, just a discount offer.   Despite claims back in August they would provide a plan, they fell short.  

There will be defectors to this AT&T plan, but not enough information is available.   Things like no voicemail and no roaming option seem like a great inconvenience.  

https://www.firstnet.com

I’m all for stealing the business from big red, but these might be a deal breaker.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Benhollberg

Thanks for the update!

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same issue. When I signed up, they gave me an ATT Sim.  I later found out that without a FirstNet sim, I would not be using any of the FN features, just ATT service. I called customer service and they sent me a FN Sim.  Since changing Sims, wifi calling is non functional. I have also noticed that text messages take a very long time to send. I believe these two issues are related, at least from what I saw on a quick Google search...any thoughts? 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Is the service different on an ATT Sim than FirstNet ? Better or worse ? 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

When I had a FirstNet SIM I didn’t notice anything different about sending text messages. The Wi-Fi calling was a feature I needed, so for now I had to switch back to an AT&T SIM, but I am still on a FirstNet plan. 

I haven’t noticed a difference in service from the FirstNet SIM to the AT&T SIM. I only had the FirstNet SIM for about a week or so. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah I think it will probably be the same service. I guess the difference is certain features the FirstNet SIM lacks. It hasn’t been terrible. I think ATT just has some dead zones. But one thing I know they all do. Even Verizon 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.