Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
CyndiGee's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 8:07 PM

Confused !!

Why do new customers get a $20 a month discount on their plan but people that have been with AT&T for years don’t get anything?? AT&T customer service told me I would have to get a new phone number and new account , I would rather switch carriers!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

All you have to do is change your plan which one are you on now?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

What do you mean by existing customers get nothing? Existing customers get a $10 discount on the same plan. @GLIMMERMAN76  The $20 discount on the unlimited plans is new lines only.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

What do you mean by existing customers get nothing? Existing customers get a $10 discount on the same plan. @GLIMMERMAN76  The $20 discount on the unlimited plans is new lines only.

@sandblaster 

I cant keep up with all these STUPID promotions they are doing anymore.

[Inappropriate content removed]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

You can always get a new number to get the cheaper price. 

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

The truth is, in today's cellular business, there's no loyalty anymore. It's more profitable to add a new customer than it is to keep an existing customer. It looks good on the stock report to say you added X number of new customers for this quarter, and you can report lost customers in the 2% "churn" category. That's why all the perks and discounts and free phones go to new customers, and old customers get nothing.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

Especially with the plan prices going up.   They aren’t making much profit off me right now.

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, that's the other reason. I'm sure AT&T would love to cancel the lines of all the customers who have the older lower-priced plans and replace them with customers paying the newer, higher prices.

ACE - Scholar

• 

978 Messages

5 years ago

I know I switched to the $65 plan, thinking I would get $20 off, then finding out it didn't apply if switching to the plan.

Right now, I'm on the $50 ($40) plan with 8GB and that is sufficient.  No need to spend an additional $15/month for the possible very high usage month.  And if I do need that, I can switch then.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.