Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Balance effect on changing plans before renewal date

Contributor

Balance effect on changing plans before renewal date

What happens to my remaining 45$ balance if I change my 25 cent per minute plan to the 35$ monthly plan before my renewal date? 

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by n15e12a
‎04-15-2018 11:12 AM

Re: Balance effect on changing plans before renewal date

The $45 balance will be used to pay for the $35 plan. The expiration date on whatever is left after paying for the plan will not change.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

My plan changed immediately instead of renewal date. Called 611 twice no help. Cost me 15.00. My at&t needes to add warning button.in my opinion.

Message 3 of 5

That is correct, when changing plans, it changes immediately and any remaining time before old plan expires is lost.

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Sage

When you bought your phone or SIM card this information was provided.  BTW, this is SOP for all prepaid carriers and plans 

6ACFCE5A-CC61-41FA-88E1-7F7588D8F290.jpeg

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support