Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Activate 2$ daily prepaid plan?

Activate 2$ daily prepaid plan?

Hi all,

I'm a new user. My gophone activated. I selected 25$ and still did not pay for it. How can I switch to 2$?

I checked some forums threads before asking a question here. People wrote that I should be able to switch to 2$ or .25 cents after activate
Also, AT&T support posted something like this  "Activate -> do not pay -> go into account -> switch to 2$"

But how? In my account, it displays just 3 plans and nothing about 2$ or .25 cents

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 14
ACE - Sage

Re: Activate 2$ daily prepaid plan?

Are you using a smartphone?  If so you have to select a plan with data first.   But before you pay you can you select a pay per use plan.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 14

I have no idea why I cannot select 2$ plan. it displays just 3 plans in my account.

I activated sim card and got the number. it should display 2$ plan somewhere? right now I see only 3 monthly plans and nothing else. 

Message 3 of 14

screenshot att acc.jpg

Message 4 of 14

=(((((

Message 5 of 14
ACE - Expert

What web site are you going to? Those aren’t prepaid phone plans, which also explains why you aren’t seeing the $2 plan. What kind of device do you have? I think you may have gotten a data only SIM card.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 14
ACE - Sage

Yes, @sandblaster  that is the prepaid website and those Look like data connect plans, not phone  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 7 of 14
ACE - Sage

@johngalt13  What device are you activating?  Those plans are for tablets, hotspots, etc, and will not work in a phone.  Who sent/gave you that SIM card?  

Message 8 of 14

Thanks for your reply. I figured out how to get 2$ or .25$ plans.

Message 9 of 14

If someone will search this thread. 

Solution: for whatever reason AT&T cannot recognize IMEI as a basic device. Even if you'll select "smartphone" it will provide only 3 monthly plans. Probably AT&T system thinks it's a tablet or something else.

I found an old phone. Inputted IMEI from the old phone and got 2$/.25$ plan. Then I called AT&T to change IMEI my smartphone Meizu and I can use it right now. 

Possible solution: if you do not have an old phone you can generate any IMEI which AT&T cannot recognize then change it to your phone IMEI. 

An article which saved me a lot of time - https://www.calazan.com/att-gophone-how-to-get-the-10-centsminute-plan-with-your-smartphone/  (yup it's old but method works)
Do not trust people who said that possible to change the plan after activation. Just generate IMEI first and you'll see 2$ and .25$ plans on the next page.

Message 10 of 14
ACE - Sage

@johngalt13   Just an FYI if you don’t have VoLTE in your notification bar, you will lose service somewhere down the road.  If At&t doesn’t recognize the IMEI, it’s a 3g only phone.  Using a dummy IMEi can get you the right plans, but in the long run, cannot make the phone work.  

Message 11 of 14

yep, but I have 4G. just AT&T system recognized my phone as a tablet or something else. Not sure why they using IMEI recognition. Just all other carriers never ask about IMEI 

Message 12 of 14
ACE - Sage

@johngalt13   Because if they don’t recognize the IMEI and it’s not using VoLTE (that’s not the same as getting a 4g data signal) your phone will eventually get kicked out of the network.  

Message 13 of 14

my phone supports Voice Over LTE. my question was about why I cannot get 2$ plan. 

Answer: because AT&T recognized my phone through IMEI (which looks stupid) as a tablet or something else. And I cannot get 2$ plan even after activation.

So the method that you posted not working. 

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support