Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
anonon's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, August 7th, 2019 3:14 PM

AT&T PREPAID 8GB Promo Plan - is it 8GB per year or per month?

Is the 8GB promo plan for $300/yr 8GB of data per YEAR (8GB total) or MONTH (96GB over 12 months)?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Think about it.  🤨.  Who would pay $300 for 8 gigs for a year when $45 gets 8 gigs a month?  

https://www.att.com/prepaid/

16FB87C2-B763-4B2C-A426-55DFA659C287.jpeg

1 Attachment

• 

4 Messages

It's actually 8GB every month (12) for $300, so it will be much cheaper cuz it will be like $25 per month than $45 a month and it's no longer offered they also have $50 - $40 w/ autopay.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It's $300 for the entire year ($25/mo.). I want to confirm that I'm
actually getting 8GB/mo. at the reduced cost.

• 

4 Messages

Yes

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

Yes, you get the 8GB plan which means a new 8GB of data every 30 days plus rollover. You are still getting a monthly (actually 30 day) plan, you are just pre-paying for 12 months.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Yes, of course.  

ACE - Scholar

• 

978 Messages

5 years ago

Without reading the details, this isn't as bad a question as some think.  There are some MVNO plans where you can pay for a year for a limited amount of data.  I've seen 6GB plans (for the year) which, depending on usage, may be a better deal for someone who needs some, but not a lot, of data.  With 500mb/month, if you only use 100mb you wasted the remaining data which could have been used in a month you otherwise needed 2GB.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Can I move to this plan from an AT&T postpaid plan and keep my number? I'm hearing both. Might go to my local store tomorrow and ask. This would cut my bill in half. I'll update if I have anything new.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@dmb219 wrote:

Can I move to this plan from an AT&T postpaid plan and keep my number? I'm hearing both. Might go to my local store tomorrow and ask. This would cut my bill in half. I'll update if I have anything new.

Yes, the move can only be made in an AT&T store.  You will have to pay off your phone if you owe installments.  You will trigger the 6 month lock, but it’s not like your going anywhere for a year 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@dmb219 wrote:

I disagree with the above and I say no, you can’t. The $300 for a year is online only and moving a postpaid number to prepaid can not be done online. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

What will happen after the year? Can I prepay the $300 again and keep the same plan?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Perer123 wrote:

What will happen after the year? Can I prepay the $300 again and keep the same plan?

No. After 12 months you pay the normal $50 monthly rate, $40 if on autopay.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.