Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
newappleman's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 5th, 2018 12:56 PM

new phone, existing account

Just purchased new iphone 6s , I have an old Nokia Windows phone, sims are not compatible, If I use the "my device" area of my prepaid account to update the included sim, will my existing Phone # move to my new phone? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

No. That only associates the phone to the SIM card, it does not activate the SIM card. You need to call ATT to activate the new sim card with your number. If you activate the sim card yourself online, it will get a new number.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thx 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Good luck my advice to anyone with At&t which I still do not understand I lost/stolen phone reported thru asurion the insurance company that At&t offers so then they send u a new phone u active it and then they blacklist it so why in the heck do they send u a replacement phone if u can’t use it?? Spent an hour at At&t he was very good and patient and then told me it’s possible it can happen again so why send new phone have u activate it then suspend ur line like really?? Then don’t send me a new phone that’s my thoughts it did work after going to store getting a whole new SIM card then bam!! Next day shut off if they are not affiliated with them then how do they have the authority to override what they do I do not understand at all been an on going issue for a month no phone unless connected to WiFi like really?? Does anyone else understand this??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.