Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
AhmedSalman's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, April 29th, 2019 3:09 PM

Unlocking iPhone At&T prepaid

Hi there... I’m writing  this to reach a way to contact the At&T company to review my problem with my iPhone I bought from Ebay then I recognized it was locked to At&T and hasn’t been active for at least six months of paid service !!! I m from Iraq and I’m not an At&T user and its not my fault to use the device in my country, so why not to follow the costumers name instead of this , my device? Will it be useless for me forever? I can’t use it with my country simcard !? Please help me to unlock it in any way you suggest. 

I cant contact to At&T company or write to!!
And I’m ready to pay for the person how made the contract.... Please please help....

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

No, you can't use that phone. AT&T sells devices to be used on its network, not outside the country. If it hasn't already been used, unlocks will be denied until you do. You need to get a refund from the person who sold it to you, because he/she should have disclosed it was locked to AT&T. If you can't do that or sell it to someone else who can use it, the phone is useless.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@AhmedSalman wrote:
Thanks for your description, do you mean the device will remain locked forever? Until the payment of the contract ! Can anybody inside US do that for me ? What about those on Ebay offering unlocking same to my statue ?

The phone has to be used for 6 months straight period on ATT.  If the phone has not done its time it will not be unlocked.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for your description, do you mean the device will remain locked forever? Until the payment of the contract ! Can anybody inside US do that for me ? What about those on Ebay offering unlocking same to my statue ?

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

Can anybody inside US do that for me ?

Yeah, if you can find someone in the US willing to sign up for six months of service, but I'm guessing someone just bought this phone and sold it to you. That means it's not paid off, so installment plans would be due. If the previous owner didn't pay those off or reported it lost or stolen, no one would be able to activate the phone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.