Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlock a prepaid iphone

Tutor

Unlock a prepaid iphone

I just bought AT&T prepaid iPhone. I will travel to visit my mother in Thailand by the end of August and will be there for 3 months. I cannot afford to pay international day pass.  Is there any way that I can have my iPhone unlocked before I go to Thailand. I want to use it with Thai GSM sim card. I will continue paying to keep my account active until I return to USA. thank you.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlock a prepaid iphone

Unfortunately, no. Prepaid phones must be used on prepaid service for 6 months before they will be unlocked. Just FYI, you aren’t eligible for day pass as prepaid does not roam internationally except Canada and Mexico. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Unlock a prepaid iphone

www.att.com/deviceunlock

The phone will have to meet the unlock requirements, meaning it will have had to been used on the AT&T network for 6 continuous months before it is eligible for unlocking unless you paid full retail price, not the subsidized gophone price.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support