Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Switching from Micro to Nano SIM but keep old number?

Contributor

Switching from Micro to Nano SIM but keep old number?

I'm on a prepaid account ($25 per month) and I have a micro SIM card. My current phone is a Windows phone that I bought around 3-4 years ago. If I had my way, I wouldn't get an upgrade; however, i'm now in a situation where i'll need a phone that can access various apps that do medical calculations, etc. that are only available on actual smartphones. 

Obviously, all the modern phones use nano SIM cards. I know that you can allegedly just cut down the micro SIM to fit into a nano SIM slot but I honestly don't feel really comfortable doing that and would prefer to simply have my old number (on my micro SIM) transferred to a nano SIM card; however, I do not know if this is even possible. Honestly, I doubt it but I thought I should check here first. So, my question is: Can I switch from a micro to nano SIM card on a prepaid account and keep my old number?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by windowsphonejoe
‎08-01-2018 7:14 AM

Re: Switching from Micro to Nano SIM but keep old number?

Of course ATT does it all the time.  Just go to ATT and have your account transferred to a nano sim when your ready to switch phones.  They may charge you for the SIM card. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Awesome, that makes my life a lot easier. Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Tutor

I am not able to go to an AT&T store. Can I switch from micro to Nano online?

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support