Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Switching from Micro to Nano SIM but keep old number?

Contributor

Switching from Micro to Nano SIM but keep old number?

I'm on a prepaid account ($25 per month) and I have a micro SIM card. My current phone is a Windows phone that I bought around 3-4 years ago. If I had my way, I wouldn't get an upgrade; however, i'm now in a situation where i'll need a phone that can access various apps that do medical calculations, etc. that are only available on actual smartphones. 

Obviously, all the modern phones use nano SIM cards. I know that you can allegedly just cut down the micro SIM to fit into a nano SIM slot but I honestly don't feel really comfortable doing that and would prefer to simply have my old number (on my micro SIM) transferred to a nano SIM card; however, I do not know if this is even possible. Honestly, I doubt it but I thought I should check here first. So, my question is: Can I switch from a micro to nano SIM card on a prepaid account and keep my old number?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by windowsphonejoe
‎08-01-2018 7:14 AM

Re: Switching from Micro to Nano SIM but keep old number?

Of course ATT does it all the time.  Just go to ATT and have your account transferred to a nano sim when your ready to switch phones.  They may charge you for the SIM card. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Awesome, that makes my life a lot easier. Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Tutor

I am not able to go to an AT&T store. Can I switch from micro to Nano online?

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support