Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
akomtt's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 25th, 2018 8:39 AM

Re-use SIM card for prepaid

Hi community,

I visited the U.S.A for short-term bussiness trip last week and bought prepaid SIM card at AT&T store to use my smartphone.
And my account will close because my account isn't set AutoPay.

If I visit the U.S.A again, can I use same SIM card without visiting AT&T store ?

My expectation is that I can set a prepaid plan and activate the phone by using internet.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

That depends on how long before you come back to the US. You have 60 days after your plan expires to renew your plan or refill your account. After that, your account is closed and the sim card is deactivated. Unfortunately, you probably can not select a plan or refill your account online from outside of the US. You already have a plan selected, whatever plan you used last week. You keep that plan until you change it. If you bought a 30 day plan, that plan will not expire until next month. For example, if you started your plan on May 20, it will expire on June 18. You would then then have until Aug 16 to renew before your account is closed. If you come back to the US before then, just renew your plan.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for prompt reply and kindly explanation.

I will visit the U.S.A over 60 days later.

So, I have understood that I have to buy the SIM card again when I visit the U.S.A

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.