Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Problem porting my old carrier number

Contributor

Problem porting my old carrier number

Ive gotten my sim card and phone the sim is active but when i go through the phone activation it says to contact customer service, also when i try to login my prepaid account it says my number isnt assosiated with any account, im wondering if i can just cancel the number port and start fresh with a new number to avoid anymore problems

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage

Re: Problem porting my old carrier number

You have to call ATT if you want to cancel port request.  Consider if you have accounts using 2 step verification, you would lose access.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Contributor

ive tried that and calling all the other support lines, i cant get through to a real person because the sutomated system needs a number and my ported number isnt acceoted and its the only number i have, ive even tried using 10 0's, nothing works, im tempted to just give up and let the account cancel on its own :/

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

Go to an ATT store.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support