Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
CLC2018's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 18th, 2018 3:43 PM

New sim activation problems

Hi my daughter has just moved to USA from Ireland  and is trying to activate a prepaid sim in her iPhone but she cannot get her cell phone number or for the sim to activate -it says that she has a balance of $0 but she paid $65 for the SIM card-  any suggestions please? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

A SIM card is just a SIM card. You don’t get service until you select and purchase a service plan. If your daughter paid $65 and only got a SIM card, she got ripped off. However, it is possible that $65 can still be used to pay for service. She may have gotten a prepaid card worth $65 which she must apply to her account. Would need more detail on exactly what she got for that $65 to advise further.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

AT&T will charge you up to US $10 for a SIM card. There is no credit inside.
At&t  never sell SIM card that have credit inside .
You must be Scam !!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the same problem, during Hurricane Michael AT&T was 1 of 2 cell services that worked. My sister mailed me a prepaid AT&T phone and mailed a $65 prepaid refill card (that came with a sim card that u punch out of the card. I went to an AT&T provider & was told I had to activate it there & pay the 1st month for the $65 plan. It is now time to refill & it is requesting a PIN#. (8-20 digits)  The prepaid card does not have a PIN.  Can anyone help on how to apply this to my phone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.