Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Activation of pre.paid SIM

Contributor

Activation of pre.paid SIM

Hi

cannot re-activate my "old" GoPhone pre-paid SIM card.

Unfortunately, I have lost my log-in data for the mypage account

I have used the AT&T page " Activate your AT&T PREPAIDSM device"

I than receive following fault message:

GA701 : Oops, we hit a snag while activating your device. Come back later and try again.

I have also tried to use AT&T webpage, Login to your Account

but get error:

The account has been disconnected. Please contact Customer Service.

I have also tried the option about forgotten Password, but get the same message that the account has been disconnected.

So yesterday, I was in touch with Chat Support about above problems but in the end they could not help but where more interested to get rid of me.

Pls advice how I can re-activated my pre-paid card as well as open my "mypage" - old or a open a new one, so I can select plan and make payments OR

do I have to get a new pre-paid SIM and open a new account? If, so can I order and activate from abroad, so my phone is up and running when I arr. US or Canada?

I am swedish tourist visiting US and Canada from time to time and would very much like to activate my pre-paid SIM

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by P1234P
‎03-26-2018 4:55 AM

Re: Activation of pre.paid SIM

As it said, account disconnected. If your balance was $0 for 60+ days it’s is closed and number lost.  You need a new sim and number.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I had $113 in my Gophone/Prepaid account when ATT saw fit to close it, disconnect my phone, give my number to another customer and disallow me access to my phone, my account, or even my $113 in amassed credit in my account. I had this service for over a decade. I travel the world, and when I leave the country I switch to per-minute plan and leave it for 4-6 months and when i return to the USA i switch to the monthly data-included plan. This has worked for--a decade--but this time ATT decided not to let it work.

Upon my return, i installed my USA SIM and found i had "no service"--decidedly inconvenient upon arrival at LAX. When I finally got hold of an operator at ATT I was told there was nothing that can be done because I hadn't added money to my account in the last few months. Pointing out that I had over $110 in my account and i'd been a 'loyal customer' for over a decade meant less than nothing to ATT. They gave me an address to submit 'written correspondence'--that sealed it for me. When it comes to complaints about their unethical mistreatment of long-term customers, ATT can only be contacted via snailmail. No genius bar is required to translate the purpose of that illogical barrier--if you don't like how they treat you, just agree to let them steal from you --and move on. With a pointlessly venting post here to say goodbye.

Good luck to the rest of you. But heads' up as I'm sure my situation is hardly unique.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

@booted

You wrote:   “I travel the world, and when I leave the country I switch to per-minute plan and leave it for 4-6 months and when i return to the USA i switch to the monthly data-included plan.”

But you are missing an essential part, the part where you add a refill that will last till you return.  At the time you switch to pay per use, you also have to refill with $100 which will last 365 days.  If you don’t refill with enough money often enough, your account is closed.  

This is SOP with all prepaid carriers.  You have to maintain a balance, but also have to add refills that extend  your expiration date.  

So when did you last refill and how much?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support