Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
P1234P's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, March 26th, 2018 6:35 AM

Activation of pre.paid SIM

Hi

cannot re-activate my "old" GoPhone pre-paid SIM card.

Unfortunately, I have lost my log-in data for the mypage account

I have used the AT&T page " Activate your AT&T PREPAIDSM device"

I than receive following fault message:

GA701 : Oops, we hit a snag while activating your device. Come back later and try again.

I have also tried to use AT&T webpage, Login to your Account

but get error:

The account has been disconnected. Please contact Customer Service.

I have also tried the option about forgotten Password, but get the same message that the account has been disconnected.

So yesterday, I was in touch with Chat Support about above problems but in the end they could not help but where more interested to get rid of me.

Pls advice how I can re-activated my pre-paid card as well as open my "mypage" - old or a open a new one, so I can select plan and make payments OR

do I have to get a new pre-paid SIM and open a new account? If, so can I order and activate from abroad, so my phone is up and running when I arr. US or Canada?

I am swedish tourist visiting US and Canada from time to time and would very much like to activate my pre-paid SIM

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

As it said, account disconnected. If your balance was $0 for 60+ days it’s is closed and number lost.  You need a new sim and number.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I had $113 in my Gophone/Prepaid account when ATT saw fit to close it, disconnect my phone, give my number to another customer and disallow me access to my phone, my account, or even my $113 in amassed credit in my account. I had this service for over a decade. I travel the world, and when I leave the country I switch to per-minute plan and leave it for 4-6 months and when i return to the USA i switch to the monthly data-included plan. This has worked for--a decade--but this time ATT decided not to let it work.

Upon my return, i installed my USA SIM and found i had "no service"--decidedly inconvenient upon arrival at LAX. When I finally got hold of an operator at ATT I was told there was nothing that can be done because I hadn't added money to my account in the last few months. Pointing out that I had over $110 in my account and i'd been a 'loyal customer' for over a decade meant less than nothing to ATT. They gave me an address to submit 'written correspondence'--that sealed it for me. When it comes to complaints about their unethical mistreatment of long-term customers, ATT can only be contacted via snailmail. No genius bar is required to translate the purpose of that illogical barrier--if you don't like how they treat you, just agree to let them steal from you --and move on. With a pointlessly venting post here to say goodbye.

Good luck to the rest of you. But heads' up as I'm sure my situation is hardly unique.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@booted

You wrote:   “I travel the world, and when I leave the country I switch to per-minute plan and leave it for 4-6 months and when i return to the USA i switch to the monthly data-included plan.”

But you are missing an essential part, the part where you add a refill that will last till you return.  At the time you switch to pay per use, you also have to refill with $100 which will last 365 days.  If you don’t refill with enough money often enough, your account is closed.  

This is SOP with all prepaid carriers.  You have to maintain a balance, but also have to add refills that extend  your expiration date.  

So when did you last refill and how much?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.