Trade In and Get Rewarded!
elmom0902's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 8:32 PM

why is one phone on my family plan eligible for an upgrade discount but the other is not?

I have a family plan with 2 phones on the plan.  We want to upgrade our phone ( obviously with the discount)  My phone is due 6/3 but my husbans isn't up until Septmember.  Has this happened to anyone? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

13 years ago

If you had upgraded at the same time last time, Upgrades are dependent on how much is spent on each line. The primary line has the majority of the cost associated to that line. Depending on the amount associated to the primary line, the upgrade could be as soon as 12 to 18 months. On the secondary line, the upgrade will be at 20 months, a 2 to 8 month difference.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

oh... Thats stupid Smiley Mad lol...Thanks For the answer though... 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

13 years ago

It would be better if that was explained when we upgraded to begin with.  I'm not saying that at the time we last upgraded that would have made a difference but it's still nice to know.  I shouldn't have to search to find that infromation it should be on the upgrade page. 

For us it might as well be 24 months I'm not going to upgrade until my husband does it's not fair of me to have a new phone and he is stuck with his old one because of some silly technicality. Especialy when we were going to make such a big change going from nonsmart phones without a data plan  to smartphones with 2GB each.  

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

its in those documents you signed when you started service.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.