Trade In and Get Rewarded!
jc5594's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 22nd, 2017 6:41 PM

unlock

ATT are the worst! I'm switching over to Verizon! My phone has been paid off since December 6th 2017 and they are refuse to unlock my phone. They keep saying my phone is unpaid when it clearly is. Spoke with 10 different representatives, they are all either clueless and have no idea what they are doing or don't want to unlock my phone because they want to keep me as a customer. I've wasted about 10 hours on the phone with them and i say wasted because they are still unable to unlock my phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

6 years ago

Send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare or @ATTHelp with your account and contact information and concern.

If anyone can help, they can. The people you talk to on the phone can only do what the computer allows them to. If the system did not update  your payoff correctly, they may not be able to assist you.

The above links should be able to correct the situation.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Or call and ask for advanced tech support. They can push the unlock request through for you, the front line reps you get on the phone can't. For some reason, the unlock portal does not get updated from the billing system in a timely manner but if you paid off on Dec 6, it should have updated by now. It's an automated system, as noted above the phone reps can only do what the system lets them do. Use the workarounds suggested. Your phone will get unlocked.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.