Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 2, 2011
6:56:34 PM
View profile
new phone upgrade later this month.

Im thinking about upgrading to the iPhone later this month. I would have to do an early upgrade, Im over the age of 18 and i was wondering if the primary account holder had to be present(my dad). We both have the same first names and i know his SSN#, would they just assume that I am him at the store?

Im thinking about upgrading to the iPhone later this month. I would have to do an early upgrade, Im over the age of 18 and i was wondering if the primary account holder had to be present(my dad). We both have the same first names and i know his SSN#, would they just assume that I am him at the store?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 2, 2011 9:24:45 PM
(0)
Scholar

hakoguy93 wrote:

You're gonna need an ID so that's not gonna fly. Instead, ask your dad to add you to the list of authorized users on the account so you can make changes to the account without him being present.

Accepted Solution

new phone upgrade later this month.

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 2, 2011 9:24:45 PM
(0)
Scholar

hakoguy93 wrote:

You're gonna need an ID so that's not gonna fly. Instead, ask your dad to add you to the list of authorized users on the account so you can make changes to the account without him being present.

hakoguy93 wrote:

Re: new phone upgrade later this month.

2 of 3 (1,690 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 8:39:23 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:40:08 AM

Hi hakoguy93, 

hnzw_rui is right, you will be asked for identification and it's super easy for your Dad to add you as an authorized user. 

Here's a link to the steps to do this online. It's a quick process and you'll be able to make the necessary changes to your account without him being there. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hi hakoguy93, 

hnzw_rui is right, you will be asked for identification and it's super easy for your Dad to add you as an authorized user. 

Here's a link to the steps to do this online. It's a quick process and you'll be able to make the necessary changes to your account without him being there. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: new phone upgrade later this month.

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (1,674 Views)