Trade In and Get Rewarded!
hakoguy93's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 3rd, 2011 1:56 AM

new phone upgrade later this month.

Im thinking about upgrading to the iPhone later this month. I would have to do an early upgrade, Im over the age of 18 and i was wondering if the primary account holder had to be present(my dad). We both have the same first names and i know his SSN#, would they just assume that I am him at the store?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

346 Messages

12 years ago

@hakoguy93 wrote:

Im thinking about upgrading to the iPhone later this month. I would have to do an early upgrade, Im over the age of 18 and i was wondering if the primary account holder had to be present(my dad). We both have the same first names and i know his SSN#, would they just assume that I am him at the store?

You're gonna need an ID so that's not gonna fly. Instead, ask your dad to add you to the list of authorized users on the account so you can make changes to the account without him being present.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Hi hakoguy93, 

hnzw_rui is right, you will be asked for identification and it's super easy for your Dad to add you as an authorized user. 

Here's a link to the steps to do this online. It's a quick process and you'll be able to make the necessary changes to your account without him being there. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.