For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
snoopy54's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 1:49 AM

iphone 4s to iphone 5c

hi! i am renewing my contract, so i know there is a $40 fee there, but are there any other upcharges to my plan?  know when i first got my iphone, i had to upgrade my data plan or something (can't quite remember), should there be any similiar change in usage for the upgraded phone or will usage be similiar as long as my phone behavior stays the same? 

also, i have never purchased a phone online before (always in-store). how does that work? it comes in the mail... i turn it on- then how to activate it with my phone number? can i do the whole thing at home or do i bring it to a store? i will have to bring it to the store to transfer all phone numbers, right? 

thank you for any help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@snoopy54 wrote:

hi! i am renewing my contract, so i know there is a $40 fee there, but are there any other upcharges to my plan?  know when i first got my iphone, i had to upgrade my data plan or something (can't quite remember), should there be any similiar change in usage for the upgraded phone or will usage be similiar as long as my phone behavior stays the same? 

also, i have never purchased a phone online before (always in-store). how does that work? it comes in the mail... i turn it on- then how to activate it with my phone number? can i do the whole thing at home or do i bring it to a store? i will have to bring it to the store to transfer all phone numbers, right?

If you are purchasing the new phone online from AT&T or Apple, then when you receive it, you can just turn it on and go through the screen prompts to activate it.  After youhave done that, you can even restore it from your older iPhone backup and everything should be just like it was on your old phone.

If you are getting a contract phone with a renewal, then you will be paying a small amount for the phone when you order it.  I don't remember how much the iPhone 5c is, but it's probably around $99 or $0.99, I'm not sure.  Your $40 upgrade/activation fee will be added to your next bill.  Unless you are currently on a Mobile Share plan, there shouldn't be any other changes to your bill.  If you are on a Mobile Share plan, you will lose any "out of contract" dicsounts you may be getting when you get the new phone under contract.  Keep in mind that you may be getting one of these discounts and still be under contract due to a promotion AT&T was having when they introduced the new plans back in Feb.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.