Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Zooyorker9020's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 24th, 2019 1:08 PM

iPhone bogo promo

Hi so I was wondering if I opt for bogo iPhone promo....pay phone off that I’m paying for can I cancel service and go to prepaid??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You need to read the offer details carefully. You can pay off the “buy one” phone but if you cancel service on either phone, you lose the credits. 

To get all credits, free/discounted device must remain on agmt for entire term and you must keep eligible service on both devices for entire installment term of free/discounted device. If you cancel service on either line, credits will stop.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

5 years ago

Ah ha.   You didn’t read how the BOGO works.  Credits are issued monthly against the installments.  If you cancel service, credits stop and you owe the remainder on the phone.  Once paid off after 24 or 30 months you can do as you please with service.  

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

So I would still owe on the “free phone”??

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Gotcha! Perhaps I’ll just pay full price for phones then.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

5 years ago

These deals are to steal customers, add business to make a profit off us, not to save us money.  

Employee

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

You may pay off the balance on the upgraded "buy one" line at any time you wish. However, the remaining balance on the "Go" free device will accelerate/credits will cease. Then, you could perform a postpaid to prepaid migration. If you wish to keep your current phone number, then this migration will need to be completed in a Corporate store. So, when walking into the AT&T store make sure it doesn't say "Authorized Retailer." These stores can't perform very many actions and generally just stay away from them altogether. It is likely that once the migration takes place that your cellular data will not work. In this event, you must contact ATS and they would submit an ICU case. Prepaid customer care/tech has no clue how to do this nor would their systems allow them to. It's an easy resolution for ICU. Again, I can't tell you what they do but they would have it corrected within 24 hours if the last line of defense can't get it resolved. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

Typical att employee. By accelerate you must mean the balance will be due on the free phone.  Att will not waive the 24 or 30 month rule.  

Employee

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

Not sure what you mean by typical "AT&T Employee," but I have a slight inclination you didn't mean that in a positive light. Now, if you thought you'd get a "rise" out of me, then you will come to find you have crossed paths with someone who is anything but a "typical AT&T employee." I simply stated information relevant to the topic, of which the customer requested. If you don't like the answer given, then well, that is your  Constitutional right as a citizen of the United States of America. The terms and conditions were agreed upon by the customer at the time of the transaction. One is also given or can obtain their customer service summary that clearly outlines the bogo promotion if they wish to do so. Would you rather have correct information or blatantly incorrect information? I know which one I would choose. Have a great morning! 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

5 years ago

@Splenda58 

1.   Fix your profile.   You seem to indicate you are an AT&T employee, so you are in violation of forum rules to appear otherwise.  You neglected to fill in the last box saying you are an employee when you signed up.

2.   Plain English is delivered here.  The use of vague terms like ‘accelerated’ are going to draw scorn from customers.  

Most are here because they got in trouble and didn’t understand the ‘business language’ used.  And not a one of them read anything before signing.  They don’t know how to find their customer service summary (although I’ve been directing them how) and have no idea what they’re paying for.  There is also a significant amnesia problem with the Mobile Share Value Plan - no one remembers why they had a $25 ‘discount for access’ 5 years later.  Probably because it’s ‘business language’ for “out of contract discount” which would have been crystal clear.  

Employee

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

The MSV only has a $25 credit (which is applied to the monthly access fee for each line) if the plan is 15gb or higher. Anything under 15gb would receive a $15 credit (recurring). 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.