Trade In and Get Rewarded!
catesjrc's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Friday, September 22nd, 2017 10:30 PM

iPHONE $650 trade-in last year NOT getting full amount at trade-in this year

Last year I turned in my paid off IPhone 6+ 256 GB using the AT&T Promotion of "$650 Trade-in offer".  Purchased the IPhone 7+ 256 GB on the "Next Every Year" plan.  I have been getting a credit of $29.09 every month.  I went down to the local AT&T store to make my yearly upgrade to the 8+.

I was told that if I upgraded to a new phone the $27.09 per month would cease.  So I only got $325.08 of the $650 I had been promised.

I have called AT&T with no satisfaction.  I gave them my old phone last year for $325.  I could have gotten that anywhere. 

THE $650 PROMOTION WAS A SCAM.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

No it wasn't. To get the full $650, you had to complete the Next plan. The promotion clearly stated that paying the phone off or trading it in would cause credits to stop. You chose to trade it in and not complete the Next plan. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Here read the offer.  You have to follow the deal or you don't get the credits.  You are backing out of your half, so of course you don't get full credit 

IMG_4767.PNGIMG_4709.PNG

2 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@catesjrc wrote:

Last year I turned in my paid off IPhone 6+ 256 GB using the AT&T Promotion of "$650 Trade-in offer".  Purchased the IPhone 7+ 256 GB on the "Next Every Year" plan.  I have been getting a credit of $29.09 every month.  I went down to the local AT&T store to make my yearly upgrade to the 8+.

I was told that if I upgraded to a new phone the $27.09 per month would cease.  So I only got $325.08 of the $650 I had been promised.

So you want to stop paying for the 7 AND still get the credits?  (No)

THE $650 PROMOTION WAS A SCAM.

Works just like it's supposed to for me...  $27.09 a month every month. 

I'm not upgrading this year because that would clearly invalidate the offer that I agreed too.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

I was not told that last year. I was told that AT&T was paying the $650 for my 6+ phone as a trade-in. The offer last year was titled "IPhone 7 with trade-in Offer".

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@catesjrc wrote:
I was not told that last year. I was told that AT&T was paying the $650 for my 6+ phone as a trade-in. The offer last year was titled "IPhone 7 with trade-in Offer".

What are you saying was titled "IPhone 7 with trade-in Offer"?

The credits are for your installment payments, if you stop paying the installments, they don't credit you for them (since you don't have them any more).

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@catesjrc  Whenever you enter into an agreement, you have to complete it, or you lose the benefit.  Doesn't matter if you didn't remember or weren't told or never saw the offer in print.  It was published and on the website.  It is the same agreement if you get a BOGO offer.  If you cancel the line or pay off the GET ONE, you lose any further credits.  

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your advice. You have very good communication skills. I will read the fine print next time, which I did last Saturday when I purchase a new Iphone plus 256 GB.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.