Trade In and Get Rewarded!
hungn58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 28th, 2012 6:47 AM

early phone upgrade

my 2 years contract ends on 11/09/2012, are there anyway i can get an early upgrade, my iphone 4 just broke and i really need a phone. 
help?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

294 Messages

12 years ago

An early upgrade is from 6 months to 19 months into your contract (when you pay extra on top of the upgrade price). Once you reach 20 months, you no longer have to pay the extra amount, it's just a regular upgrade, so you won't have to pay the extra 250 once you reach the 20th month, which you already have. 

You can upgrade to any device every 20 months. As long as you haven't had any non pay suspensions.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/upgrade-advantage.html#fbid=arS0lisB8MG

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, indeed! If you have completed at least 20 months of the 24 of your contract term, you do qualify for an early upgrade. Remember, when you use an early upgrade, you need to add the discounted price of the phone + $250! 😉

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

Check equipment upgrade eligibility

1. Dial *639# (*NEW#) from your wireless phone.
  2. Press the Send key. You will then be provided with an upgrade eligibility message and the reason associated with the eligibility message.

Most likely barring any late payments or involuntary suspensions you should qualify for a upgrade, you have 43 days till your upgrade date. but doing the above will confirm that scenerio for you.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

if i have to add $250 for an early upgrade? then whats the point? 
i just have 42 days left but i wanted to upgrade for an iphone 5 with $199. 

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Well, with the early upgrade option, you would still save about $200 since the no commitment price of the iPhone 5 is about $649. However, if you only have 6 weeks left in your contract, I would wait it out if you want to buy the device for $199 with the full upgrade. 😉

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@hungn58 wrote:

if i have to add $250 for an early upgrade? then whats the point? 
i just have 42 days left but i wanted to upgrade for an iphone 5 with $199. 

then you have to wait till 11/1 - they have not move the upgrade for a iphone up, you either have the patience to wait till your date rolls around or pay the contract upgrade penalty. By november they may actually have phones in stock that you can walk out with.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.