Trade In and Get Rewarded!
peterlee1108's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 30th, 2014 8:05 PM

You may not want to upgrade/renew contract if you have the 10GB shared plan

I am on a family plan with my wife's family, and learlier this year, we took advantage of the $25 credit/line for 10GB shared plan. It was a big saving that we were all happy about. Then my contract expired earlier this month, I thought there is no downside on upgrading to a new phone since I am planning to continue to use AT&T, so I sign up for another 2yr contract and got a new HTC one M8 from amazon for $150. I was really happy, for $150 the phone is great.

Until few days ago I got the bill, and it shows upgrade fee of $35, I guess it's kinda expected, they would charge you for anything, no surprise here. Then I see that they have removed the $25 credit off my line.... Then I realized that this saving only applies to existing contract, and now I sign a new contract, it doesn't apply anymore, so this means, I am going to pay $25/month for the next 2years = $600, plus the phone I paid $150, plus upgrade fee of $35. I am basically out of $785 for this upgrade, not $150.

HTC.com sells unlocked/developer M8 for $699... So basically I paid almost $100 more for a phone that's locked (locked for 2years until contract ends), and I also cannot get out of contract for 2yr...... I can't shake the feeling that I got sour end of the deal here. It's has already been 3weeks when I got the bill, so I have missed the 14days remorse period. I am not happy at all.

I guess it's part of my fault that I didn't realized the limitation of this $25 credit until it's too late. But I wish I had been warned before hand. I just want to warn people who has this $25credit on 10GB shared plan, do your math before upgrade.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I almost was in the same boat when trying to update a phone for my daughter.  What a rip off.  I been with them for over 15 yrs, called Att earlier, asked to speak to manager, waited.  Customer rep said she will call back when the waiting time is shorter.  She did call, waited some more, but the manager refused to get on the phone with me and closed out the "issue".  Customer Rep. didn't know what to say. Looking else where.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.