Trade In and Get Rewarded!
raykaber's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 20th, 2016 1:53 AM

Windows 10 mobile release update to upgrade Lumia 640xl 8.1 phone

Microsodt rolled out Windows 10 mobile for some Windows 8.1 phones. Microsoft offers Windows 10 adviser upgrade app through microsoft store to see if your phone is elgable to have Windows 10 mobile on my device.I have Lumia 640 XL LTE Windows 8.1 phone download the Windows 10 adviser app to see if i can run Windows 10 mobile on my phone. Everything passed says im elgable Windows 10 mobile but says it up to and have to wait my carrier to release Windows 10 mobile update for the phones so when will At&t plane to relase it?

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

ATT doesn't publish projected update dates.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

T-Mobile is already the first carrier to release Windows 10 mobile update for there phones.Hope At&t will soon!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Why am I suspecting that AT&T has pulled the plug on implementing Windows 10 for this phone?

Tutor

• 

20 Messages

8 years ago

I am wondering the same thing. It seems as if the windows update doesn't exist anymore, it's all android 

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I'd suggest considering the Insider Program, but the "Release Preview Ring".
It's quite stable, and actually has a much better overall build than the current AT&T W10m devices are getting (.494 vs .107). It's also got FAR better battery life, about 50% on most phones.
Of course there are risks involved with self-updating your phone, but there's a recovery tool, in the event of a failure; I've yet to see a phone that is un-recoverable with the tool.It's quite stable, and actually has a much better overall build than the current AT&T W10m devices are getting (.494 vs .107). It's also got far better battery life, about 50% on most phones.
Of course there are risks involved with self-updating your phone, but there's a recovery tool, in the event of a failure; I've yet to see a phone that is un-recoverable with the tool.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.