For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Casperswift5230's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, April 12th, 2016 12:58 PM

Why is AT&T Not going to sell the HTC 10

Why isn't AT&T going to sell the HTC 10, it's is the last phone i was waiting for to be released before I decided on an upgrade and now if I decide on the HTC if have to pay full price for an unlocked unit because AT&T decided it'd be a good idea not to provide us with it....???? Why why why

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Patsfan1212 wrote:
T-Mobile is also getting the HTC 10 they have improved their network in the past 2 years I heard their coverage is good as Verizon now

@Patsfan1212

tmobile's coverage is as good as verizons now thats funny.  Tmobile still has HUGE holes in there coverage.  Verizon and ATT for the most part are head to head.  With sprint a distant last.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

example

tmo.PNGTmobilevzw.PNGVerizonatt.PNGATT

3 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Confused on this as well! I was just in the ATT Store in Michigan, and or Sales guy was trying to talk us into another Galaxy, we have had nothing but problems with them. 4 batteries and an insurance clain later the phone was faulty, but because the battery exploded in the phone (even after all the calls) they stated it was damaged and that we had to go through insurance for replacement...

We asked about the HTC 10 they showed us all the specs and everything stating that they should have it by mid May... Why would the store have us hold off and then ATT not carry it???

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@OTRWIFE13

well sales people dont keep up on new phones.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/04/12/att-wont-sell-the-htc-10/

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I get it.  HTC 10 isn't happening with AT&T.  I would like to know why, without speculation.  Should I expect new HTC phones to be offered by AT&T, or has the partnership been dissolving to this point?  I like AT&T, I enjoy the service coverage, and I appreciate the customer service.  I really like HTC phones.  I've tried Samsung and LG, they just don't work as nicely as HTC. 

Is AT&T not working well with HTC, or is it the other way around?  There is a story there, I'd just appreciate knowing to make informed decisions.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@brashears113

I, personally, haven't heard anything to the effect that HTC will no longer be working with ATT at all.  So, this may just be a one time issue between them.  I'm keeping my eyes peeled for more concrete info as to whether HTC will be producing the next Nexus phone (or two?) in order to see if ATT will be carrying it (/them.) I don't know if they will, since ATT has only carried one branded Nexus device, the 6P if my memory serves.  It'll be good to see because if HTC is going to be making a Nexus phone and ATT is going to carry it, or if it will at least have full functionality on ATT's network, then I'm game 😊

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@lcalle

The only carrier nexus ATT ever had was the nexus 6.  Google went back to selling only direct and thru partners like bestbuy with the nexus 6p and 5x.  

Google has stated time and time again after the nexus 6 that they will never sell nexus devices in the us thru carriers again.  To much red tap.  And thats the way it should be since ATT and Verizon medeled in the programing of the nexus 6.  Yes it was easy to delete the oem partition and remove the added bloat but still it was a nexus and should not have had those problems.  The reasons nexus devices are cheaper is because there is no carrier jacking up the price.  HTC needs to realize the 10 is not a 700 dollar phone.  550 at most.  And I had a 10 for 5 weeks so I can tell you its not that impressive next to a s7.  It is a way better choice than the G5 which is the worst phone I have ever used.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

As always, great info 😊.  Couldn't remember if it was the 6 or the 6P.  Makes complete sense what you said about networks messing with Google's stock software on their phones too much though.  I'm really happy with my M8, especially after the update and compared to my Mom's Note 4.  So, I guess I'll just wait to see what happens with future Nexus devices and see if they'll have full functionality on this network.  They usually do, don't they?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@lcalle

oh they work on ATT just fine but you lose HDvoice and the lot since there not "TESTED"(what a joke)

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

Lol ... So, there's a roundabout way to get those features to work for the Nexus line? Good to know that the devices are capable of supporting those features you mentioned, but also kinda odd that they're, technically, not "supposed to" work on the network since, like you said, those features haven't been "tested" for those devices on this network.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.