For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
TheRedMamba's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 19th, 2018 8:31 AM

Why do I have to make a down payment to add a tablet

I'm new (30 or so days ago) to at&t. 22 year T-Mobile Customer, I'm finding things very different. I've never paid a down payment to add a tablet to my account, essentially we have 4 phones (3 Samsung 9s Galaxy's, 1 Note9) our plan is Unlimited Everything including data, with 15 GB of Mobile Hotspot per phone! I would like to add the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, however it's wanting a $200 down payment? I have 2 issues with this. 1) last night it only wanted Sales tax of $54.85 as upfront charge 2) My Account currently has a $385 positive credit on it

What exactly is going on here at&t? 

I'd like my no money down, to make things right we covered the Sale tax on it and the overnight shipping so you can have it before the weekend Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 asap! Please let me know as soon as possible so  I can keep my 276,248 Member Social Media Community (Hard Core Followers) in the loop as to what I'm experiencing so far with our new cell and TV Provider! Cheers

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

The requirement to pay a down payment is determined by a credit check. Not sure why putting down a down payment is an issue, it does not change the final price you pay for the tablet and it just makes the monthly installment a little less but you won’t get that revoked posting here, this forum is not customer support. You need to call.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.