Helpful Links

What are AT&T's 4G LTE bands?

Contributor

What are AT&T's 4G LTE bands?

I am considering buying a new phone that supports FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz and TD-LTE B38/39/40/41. Could it work on AT&T LTE network

[Subject edited for better exposure]

Message 1 of 217
ACE - Professor

Re: 4G LTE bands

@lizdance40 Oddly enough, it might (I wouldn't have guessed so either).  Here are the specs:
http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-H810-Metallic-Gray-g4

It's got Band 3 under "roaming", which I would *think* means that you can roam onto another network (probably domestic, but possibly international), but I'm all ears, I guess it could mean something else, it's not a notation I've really seen before, under bands specifications.

So there you go @smartbhalli, it's a qualified "maybe", or even a "cautious probably".  Since you have the phone though, it should be really simple to check (assuming you have a SIM/plan), just pop in your SIM and see if it picks up your carrier...

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 196 of 217
Contributor

I am looking at getting the Nokia 8 TA-1052 DS and was trying to confirm that the phone would work with LTE on AT&T.  

The specs say that it supports:

2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)

Thanks for any insight. 

Message 197 of 217
ACE - Expert

rrison wrote:

I am looking at getting the Nokia 8 TA-1052 DS and was trying to confirm that the phone would work with LTE on AT&T.  

The specs say that it supports:

2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)

Thanks for any insight. 

as a 3g only phone yes....  Needs band 12 and 30.  Then there is the fact atts system will think its a 3g only device anyway.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 198 of 217
Contributor

I am trying to get a Mi Max 2, which is a 6.44 inch phone.  But looks like it would not work with ATT 4G.  Please help me to make sure. Thanks

(To be confirmed)
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 — SIM 1 & SIM 2 
CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Speed HSPA, LTE
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes

Message 199 of 217
ACE - Expert

RichardLC wrote:

I am trying to get a Mi Max 2, which is a 6.44 inch phone.  But looks like it would not work with ATT 4G.  Please help me to make sure. Thanks

(To be confirmed)
GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 — SIM 1 & SIM 2 
CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Speed HSPA, LTE
GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes

it would be a 3g only device...  actually all there phones would be unless they were made for the us market.

Message 200 of 217
Contributor

Thanks.  Really like it, but ... too bad.  Thanks

Message 201 of 217
Highlighted

Hi Glimmerman76,

You seem to be the resident expert here.  I am looking at this phone on eBay.  Saw a review and it looks to be pretty snappy and well featured.  But, if it won't do LTE, then I'm not interested.  I tried to decipher the bands but I'm not confident in my ability.  If you wouldn't mind taking a look, I would appreciate it.  Our preferred network is AT&T

https://www.ebay.com/itm/G3-Max-Smartphone-6-5-Android-7-0-AT-T-T-Mobile-Octa-Core-32G-4G-WiFi-Cellp...

Message 202 of 217
ACE - Expert

@mixedupmutts

The phone has compatible LTE bands and says it’s made for the US only. https://www.irulu.com/irulu-geoking-max-smartphone-g36.html

It would not surprise me if it didn’t get LTE with a new sim.  If moving a SIM card from a compatible LTE phone it would work 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 203 of 217

Thank you so much!  What is the factor that would cause a currently used SIM to work and new one to not work.  Curious about these things!  
Message 204 of 217
ACE - Expert

@mixedupmutts

Its just a matter of the ATT system recognizing the IMEI or not.  I just bought a oneplus 5t which is notorious for not getting LTE, but moved a sim from existing phone and it works like a champ.  As long as I don’t update the IMEI the old one just sits in the system 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 205 of 217

Interesting.  Thanks again for the information and insight!
Message 206 of 217
ACE - Professor

@lizdance40 
I found out the same in USA using AT&T towers.
It don't work when you're roaming,it need the phone with the same IMEI on AT&T system.

Message 207 of 217

So, it sounds like if I'm going to subscribe to a prepaid network which uses AT & T towers, my best bet is to get an unlocked AT&T phone.  Is that correct?  
I have had Boost for about a year and like the free hotspot and my service is pretty good.  However, my husband has Straight Talk and we are not getting all of our SMS/MMS messages to and from each other.  I have attributed that to being on different networks - me on Sprint (Boost) and him on AT&T.  Does that make sense?

Message 208 of 217
ACE - Professor

@mixedupmutts I think I better let @lizdance40 reply you back.
My case is using AT&T prepaid,with an unlocked Samsung Note 5 from Korea.

I had linked the Note 5 IMEI with AT&T at the store.

Message 209 of 217
ACE - Expert

mixedupmutts wrote:
So, it sounds like if I'm going to subscribe to a prepaid network which uses AT & T towers, my best bet is to get an unlocked AT&T phone.  Is that correct?  
I have had Boost for about a year and like the free hotspot and my service is pretty good.  However, my husband has Straight Talk and we are not getting all of our SMS/MMS messages to and from each other.  I have attributed that to being on different networks - me on Sprint (Boost) and him on AT&T.  Does that make sense?

We can’t say ‘Sprint’ with a straight face. 🤪.   Everyone I know that tried them went crawling back to their previous carrier due to dropped calls and undelivered SMS.   So it might have been the problem.  

If using prepaid there is little benefit to a branded phone and no reason a non branded one won’t get LTE.  It may depend on if the phone is sold for the US.  That one claims to be.  

The problem is if it does not, the work around is to have a spare ATT LTE phone around to use the IMEI.  If you don’t want to deal with the hassle, go with an ATT phone.  

While I prefer non ATT phones, I do have an ATT Samsung for Wifi calling and I swap my SIM card if I need that service.  I buy and sell used, mint branded phones from eBay.  I recently bought a Samsung GS8 and will sell the GS7 I bought last summer.  These phones also provide that dummy IMEI in the system if needed.   I did not need an IMEI for Google Pixel or Honor 8 

Sorry for the long winded answer, I just think it’s fair for you to have all the information then you can decide.  

Message 210 of 217
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support