Trade In and Get Rewarded!
juls14's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 3:35 PM

WARNING! Don't use the AT&T mail-in trade service for your device!!

Just need to let everyonhe know what a scam AT&T is pulling.  I traded my iphone5s with the buyback program when I signed up for AT&T Next.  The guy on the phone at AT&T told me they were offering $300 on iphone 5s so this would cover my next 10 payments on the new phone.  Sounded great, and since our AT&T stores were swamped in December and didn't want to spend an hour in line, I opted for the mail-in program.  Got the confirmation email, all looked good.  Followed the Shipping instructions that printed on their shipping label sent with my confirmation email.  Mailed it in December, and they still have not received it.  The printed shipping instructions DO NOT say anything about tracking or insurance, yet it's their label that they send you to use when mailing your phone.  There is a tiny line that prints on the other page (not with the shipping label that you print) that mentions tracking and insurance are not included.  The print, however, is way smaller than all the other print on the page.  And it is not mentioned on the actual page that prints with the shipping instructions.  You would think that if they were concerned about operating a trustworthy system, they would mention that in the shipping instructions.  HERE IS THE CATCH:  The phones that come into the warehouse (this is not actually AT&T receiving the phones, but some contractor) that do not have tracking and insurance just never get processed.  This is their answer: "We have been very busy since the iphone 6 release, so we will excalate your case".  Yea, I'm on my second "escalation", and it's now March.  Plus, I got smart when mailing my husband's iphone 5s a few eeks later, sent it WITH TRACKING and INSURANCE.  Guess What??  We received his $300 promo card 2 weeks ago.  I have had 15 emails back and forth with a customer care rep, which has been nothing but a waste of time also.  I was last told by someone at the buyback contractor that I need to just call AT&T customer service and threaten to cancel my AT&T account unless I get the credit.  WOW. 

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey there @juls14

I’m sorry to hear you have not yet received your promotional credit for your trade-in! I’d be happy to help!

Can you please send me a private message by Clicking Here and include the following information so I may look into this for you?

• Full name
  • Email address
  • Cell number
  • Trade-in invoice number
  • Device IMEI
  • Date of return

Thanks,

Charise

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

It's nice of you to provide this warning. But just as you didn't read and heed the dozens of similar warning ahead of you, I doubt your warning will be read by many. Besides, the trade in program ended months ago.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Wow You really didn't need to be so negative and rude. I don't think this
has anything to do with you so why would you post such a rude comment?
I didn't check this community forum (didn't even know about it) before
mailing my phone, I trusted the AT&T customer care person who told me about
it. And I don't care if it ended months ago - I sent my phone in while it
was still in effect. I received confirmation from AT&T before I mailed it.
I think you need to spread positive vibes, not this negativity towards
fellow posts. Besides, the only way I got any help at all was after I
posted on the forum.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

customer service?? a real person??-I bought a go phone- 25 dollars to activate-after 1 month-added another 25 dollor card--oops-not enough to get service-30 cents short-tracphone is better and less expensive

ps-trade in with $24.70 in minutes equals the service 0

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I totally agree. ATT is scam.i took device on 2019 on tradein program called FALLOFFER. Till now i am not getting any billing credits.I called ATT So many times and was not successful and i am planning to file law suite.

BEWARE..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.