Upgrading to family plan

Highlighted
Contributor

Upgrading to family plan

My fiancée is currently on a plan with her brother, she is due for an upgrade at the end of the month...if i put her on a plan with me at the end of the month is she still eligible for that upgrade or will AT&T take it as her breaking her contract since it doesn't technically expire until November...
Message 1 of 4 (4,065 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidf256
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Upgrading to family plan

Transferring a line does not affect upgrades, she will still be upgrade eligible. The contract follows the line so she is not breaking her contract.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (4,042 Views)
Contributor

Excellent! That's what I was hoping for. Thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 4 (4,041 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author davidf256
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

One thing to be aware of - any grandfathered features wil not move over, for example, if she has a legacy unlimited data she will need to select a new plan

Message 4 of 4 (4,037 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.