Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 21, 2013
11:35:28 AM
View profile
Upgrading to a Nexus 5

I currently have an ancient iPhone 3G (with an old unlimited plan).

If I were to buy a Nexus 5 from Google, would I be able to transfer my current plan?

If so, how? 

Thanks in advance!

I currently have an ancient iPhone 3G (with an old unlimited plan).

If I were to buy a Nexus 5 from Google, would I be able to transfer my current plan?

If so, how? 

Thanks in advance!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 21, 2013 3:53:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Dec 21, 2013 at 3:54:21 PM

You can go to a store to get a micro-SIM card and ask for your account information to be transferred to the new micro-SIM card.  Your smartphone data plan will have to be updated to a "Data Unlimited for 4G LTE Smartphones" plan, but that is just for techincal purposes since you are switching mobile OS.  The features and price will remain the same.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Upgrading to a Nexus 5

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 21, 2013 3:53:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by 21stNow on Dec 21, 2013 at 3:54:21 PM

You can go to a store to get a micro-SIM card and ask for your account information to be transferred to the new micro-SIM card.  Your smartphone data plan will have to be updated to a "Data Unlimited for 4G LTE Smartphones" plan, but that is just for techincal purposes since you are switching mobile OS.  The features and price will remain the same.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Upgrading to a Nexus 5

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (22,501 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 4:02:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Also, whatever you do — do not switch to a tiered data plan. You can start by just cutting your current SIM to a micro-SIM size, but if you don't start getting LTE speeds you'll need to call or go to a corporate store and get the unlimited LTE data plan instead. Please be advised that with LTE you'll get your data throttled at 5GB/month, 3G plan 3GB/month.

http://www.att.com/esupport/datausage.jsp

Also, whatever you do — do not switch to a tiered data plan. You can start by just cutting your current SIM to a micro-SIM size, but if you don't start getting LTE speeds you'll need to call or go to a corporate store and get the unlimited LTE data plan instead. Please be advised that with LTE you'll get your data throttled at 5GB/month, 3G plan 3GB/month.

http://www.att.com/esupport/datausage.jsp

3 of 4 (22,497 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 5:33:42 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks for the help!
Thanks for the help!