Ask a question

Highlighted
    Posted Dec 21, 2013
    11:35:28 AM
    View profile
    Upgrading to a Nexus 5

I currently have an ancient iPhone 3G (with an old unlimited plan).

If I were to buy a Nexus 5 from Google, would I be able to transfer my current plan?

If so, how? 

Thanks in advance!

(0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Dec 21, 2013 3:53:53 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    Edited by 21stNow on Dec 21, 2013 at 3:54:21 PM

You can go to a store to get a micro-SIM card and ask for your account information to be transferred to the new micro-SIM card.  Your smartphone data plan will have to be updated to a "Data Unlimited for 4G LTE Smartphones" plan, but that is just for techincal purposes since you are switching mobile OS.  The features and price will remain the same.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Accepted Solution

Upgrading to a Nexus 5

3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Dec 21, 2013 3:53:53 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    Edited by 21stNow on Dec 21, 2013 at 3:54:21 PM

You can go to a store to get a micro-SIM card and ask for your account information to be transferred to the new micro-SIM card.  Your smartphone data plan will have to be updated to a "Data Unlimited for 4G LTE Smartphones" plan, but that is just for techincal purposes since you are switching mobile OS.  The features and price will remain the same.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Upgrading to a Nexus 5

[ Edited ]
    2 of 4 (22,259 Views)
    Solution
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 21, 2013 4:02:40 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

Also, whatever you do — do not switch to a tiered data plan. You can start by just cutting your current SIM to a micro-SIM size, but if you don't start getting LTE speeds you'll need to call or go to a corporate store and get the unlimited LTE data plan instead. Please be advised that with LTE you'll get your data throttled at 5GB/month, 3G plan 3GB/month.

http://www.att.com/esupport/datausage.jsp

3 of 4 (22,255 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Dec 21, 2013 5:33:42 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Thanks for the help!

4 of 4 (22,248 Views)