Trade In and Get Rewarded!
mr215616's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 4:27 AM

Closed

Upgrading iPhone 4s to iPhone 5

Another person on my plan has an upgrade to their phone available that I am planning on using to upgrade my 4s to the iPhone 5. 

One of my questions is what will the fees be for doing this? I'm just looking to get the 16GB so that should just be $199, but what will be any other additional fees for upgrading my phone, if any?

My second question is: I am planning on selling my 4s, before getting the 5. So how do I go about "deactivating" the 4s from working? And then should I buy the iPhone 5 from the AT&T or the Apple Store to make sure the new phone gets activated correctly?

Thanks for any future answers.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

12 years ago

For the first question: You can certianly use that upgrade to get your iPhone 5 as far as fees go it should just be the activation fee.

Second: I would go to Settngs-reset-erase all content and settings. After wiping the phone remove the sim card. That should do it. When you get your phone either from APPLE or AT&T both are more than capable of setting up and activating the phone for you. I have done both with no problems. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the answer to those questions. The main reason I asked about any other fees for this, is because I had seen some others post something about an additonal $250 fee? Is this something completely different that I just read incorrectly?

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

12 years ago

For some customers AT&T is offering an "early iPhone upgrade discount." That discount isn't truly a full discount that one would get when a line is eligble for a full upgrade product discount at the end of their term. The $250 is not an added fee perse but the increased price over a full equipment upgrade discount. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Ok, makes sense. Thank you for the answers!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.