Trade In and Get Rewarded!
ralphonzo's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, September 7th, 2013 6:53 PM

Upgrading from iPhone to Android via a pre-order. No service till new device arrives?

I have an old iPhone and would like to order a Note 3 as soon as possible.  I want the contract extension discount, of course, so I have to add a compatible data plan at the time of preordering the Note 3.  I'm advised this will cut off my iPhone plan immediately, leaving me without an activated phone for nearly a month.

Is this true?  If so, how is this acceptable?  Why can't I keep my plan in effect until the arrival of the new phone?  Am I simply screwed out of preordering if I want to keep my current phone active until I physically possess the replacement?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

11 years ago

Not at all, you will still be able to use your services while you're waiting for your Pre-ordered phone to return.
The Note 3 seems awesome so far! I may even get it myself 🙂

"If you find this post very helpful, mark it as a Solution to help others with similar questions find answers."

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

294 Messages

11 years ago

The order is completed when you activate the phone. The new equipment will stay parked/reserved in ATT's system until you activate new the phone. Once you do that, the old data plan is removed. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

This is what I see on the last page of my upgrade order before submitting:

"You selected to replace or remove one or more of the existing products based on the products you added. The existing products that will be removed automatically when you complete your order are listed below for your review.

"When you submit this request, you acknowledge that any existing products that are incompatible with the new products you selected will be automatically removed when your order is completed."

It sounds like my iPhone plan will be instantly cut off...  Does "when my order is complete" actually mean when my new phone is delivered?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Ahh great.

Much thanks to both of you.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

May i ask why the move to Android, Note 3 ?

I actually have never messed with Android and also considering the switch to Note 3.

Just want to see why others are also considering moving from iPhone to Note 3

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

11 years ago

@rgctx wrote:

May i ask why the move to Android, Note 3 ?

I actually have never messed with Android and also considering the switch to Note 3.

Just want to see why others are also considering moving from iPhone to Note 3

Well, I'm speaking for my self her since I have history andI've been back and forth. Currently on the 4S...and switching to the Note 3. I'm tired of having a smaller screened phone and dislike the restirctions of the Apple ecosystem. For example, I love being able to throw a word document or mp3s on an SD card without having to go through iTunes. I also love the S-Pen features. The GS4 isn't as compelling for me. 

But note that they are DIFFERENT experiences. You will always miss something jumping operating systems. But just do what's best for you.I'm a hacker, so...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.