For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Oldmman69's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 26th, 2016 12:01 PM

Upgrades

Why am I not receiving a free upgrade after a year of service?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

No one gets free upgrades anymore. You need to pay full price for the phone up front or buy with the interest free program with the NEXT program.

If you are currently on the NEXT 12 program, you don't get a free upgrade, you are eligible to trade your phone in for a new phone on the NEXT program.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Things to keep in mind before falling into this trap:

1) You already pay a subsidy for an upgrade that is included in your phone bill plan ( about $20)

2) You pay full price plus intrest for the new phone

3) They do not give cheap 1 time payment phones as they once did for waiting or keeping your 24 month contract.

4) all in all you do not get any deal or  reduction in prices anymore, also if you have an unlimited data plan, keep it. the new ones they offer are the same price or slightly cheaper but you make out way better to keep your unlimited data plan.

5) AT&T is not on your side or offering you anything discounted or a money ssaving deal.

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

@prescadi2 there is some misinformation in your post. 1. That was true of older plans, not any plan released in the past few years. 2. There is no interest charged on the phones.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Oldmman69 If you are on an old minute plan, you're going to want to move to a new Mobile Share plan. That old plan included the cost of subsidized phones but doesn't actually include phones any more so you're paying way too much. Generally the new plans are a better deal for you (and have no contracts).

As @prescadi2 said, if you keep the old plans you're probably paying too much.  If you keep the old plan and get a new phone you're pretty much paying twice. It's only a "trap" if you pay twice on purpose, if you really want to pay more, you can keep the old plan!

Tell us what you need and we'll help you pick the best Mobile Share plan:

• how much are you paying,
  • how many lines and
  • how much data you use
  • (do you have a FAN discount). 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

The new plans vs my unlimited don't compare in savings. They are based on my usage, which is 10gb and the plan thy offered to save $$ was only 10 cheaper and it has limitations. I liked the old system better.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

The new plans vs my unlimited don't compare in savings. They are based on my usage, which is 10gb and the plan thy offered to save $$ was only 10 cheaper and it has limitations. I liked the old system better.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@prescadi2 I thought you were saying the old system was bad because $20 of your plan is going towards a phone and you're not getting a phone any more.

I think the Mobile Share plans are more cost effective if you have more people on the plans.  If it's just one person and you want 10GB it's a little high. But 3 people sharing 20GB get's the price down to $50 a line. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.