For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
chazell29's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 1:45 AM

Upgraded to an iPhone 7 - Box Came Empty!!!

I ordered an iPhone 7 to upgrade my iPhone 6 over the weekend.  The package arrived today.  The box felt very light, but the box was in pristine condition.  No dents, holes, damage, no retaping, no breaks in the tape, etc.  I opened the box, removed the paperwork on top, removed the two packing airbags from inside, only to see the bottom of the box.  The iPhone wasn't in the box!

I called ATT, and they submitted a claim.  That's all she could tell me on the phone...a claim has been submitted.  She couldn't tell me if there was an investigaiton, how long it'd take, when they'd send me a new phone or how long it'd be, or if they'd even send me a new phone ,if I needed to still send my old phone in, which phone I'd be paying for, etc.  She provided me with no information.  I called FedEx and they refused to do anything and simply told me to contact the shipper.

So now I'm sitting here, on the hook for a brand new iPhone 7 that I didn't receive.  I've read online that a lot of people had this happen with iPhone 4's and iPhone 5's, but haven't heard of anyone with an iPhone 7.  Does anyone know the process for this?  I'm so mad because I know I'm going to get screwed.  

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

"I'm so mad because I know I'm going to get screwed. " Give them a chance. At&t has a policy in place for people who have their phones stolen as such. My guess is they black list he old phone and send you a new one.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

The box was in pristine condition.  Unless someone stole it and put the paperwork and packing pillows in a new box, I think ATT just forgot to put the phone it the box when they shipped it.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Give the claim a chance to work out.

FedEx would've weighed the box when it was tendered to them, so it should be obvious when they investigate if something like that happened.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Yes Fed-Ex would have weight the box when they charged the shipper. But I still would be calling every day, because I noticed many times you get different info from different CSRs and also I would want to .ake sure the info is actually on the account.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Yeah, I plan on calling tomorrow too.  I asked the rep for a confirmation of what she did, and she told me there was nothing she could send me.  I was like, umm, what?  

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

So I called back today and the customer service rep told me there is no record of talking ot anyone yesterday and that there is no case generated for the missing phone....unbelievable.  So now he claims to have created one.  This is why I'm mad, because I knew it was going to be a hassle.  So I talked to the lady for an hour yesterday and she didn't even do anything.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

8 years ago

Still no resolution.  I call every day, I get a different answer every day.  All anyone says is, oh I see the case is still being invetigated.  When I ask how long that takes, I get 24-48 hours, 48-72 hours, 7-10 business days, I don't know, etc.  Yet they won't send me a replacement phone unitl the case is complete.  

Scholar

• 

337 Messages

8 years ago

I can HELP you!!! First off I know I would want to cry if this happened to me 😞 Call att let the agent know what happened, and what the agent will do is submit a stolen in transit case. (att will take your word for it 🙂 plus we can see if it has been used) Then we will blacklist the device that was supposed to be in the box. The next step is the best step..... they will send a replacement iphone7. Try not to let someone take this one hahaha just kidding
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.