Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Tammy5297's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 21st, 2010 4:16 AM

Upgrade

I am wanting to up grade to a iphone but out of the three lines that I have my Mom's phone is the only phone available for a upgrade. Can I use that line to do the upgrade for my son's line and still keep the same # for my son and my Mom keep her own # l. If so this is a Christmas gift and I won't be activating until after Christmas will this be a problem if I order now and if so will my mom have a problem using her phone until the activation is done. If anyone can answer this question please let me know as soon as possible, and can you do this online or will I need to call or go to a store. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

13 years ago

Yes you can keep your number and Phone. Go to a AT&T corporate store to do this. Make sure they add the data plan to his line. The activation is required day of upgrade!! Or hold off on the upgrade to after Christmas. But you can keep your number and he can keep his number. I used my wife up grade for my 3 GS IPHONE.

Accepted Solution

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

13 years ago

Make sure you tell them your using the upgrade for him and you need the iPhone 4 activate on his line. They can do this

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

don't forget to factor in the mandatory data plan for the iphone

Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

13 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

don't forget to factor in the mandatory data plan for the iphone

read my first reply i stated he needs the data plan added to his line for the iphone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I broke my iPhone 4s and I went into a AT&T store and was told that I couldn’t get an upgrade because I was a week away. After several hours I had to buy a GoPhone for $50 just so I could have a phone. I had the issue escalated and all they offered was a $50 credit. I was called by another ATT rep today who said that all they could do was the $50 refund... I asked why couldn't they give me something to get a new phone today from the local store she said she was sorry but couldn't help. I asked to escalate it to a higher power she said she would. This is amazing that I’ve had numerios people tell me ATT did it for them when they were months away from an upgrade. My contracts up on March 1st really considering switching my service to Verizon. I’ve be a good customer for years this is not good customer service.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

Hey chance1957,

On a side note, you need to be more careful about dredging up very old, unused threads. It makes it harder to pinpoint what's wrong.

Sounds like AT&T reps had tried very hard to help, but consistently gave you the answer that the type of upgrade you wanted needed to wait a little.

I know that occasionally, customers are able to get alternative upgrade options, namely AT&T Next, a little bit before the end of the contract. It's not for everyone, but I'm hoping you might have that. Some people, especially with our new mobileshare value plans, (which give a discount for having  AT&T Next), find them quite attractive.

-Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.