For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Friday, June 17th, 2016 7:12 PM

Upgrade to OnePlus 3 question

Currently I have an LG G4 and am looking to upgrade to a OnePlus 3 next month. I've noticed that AT&T does not sell this phone, so, how do I upgrade? Do I turn in my old phone and keep the SIM card? Help would be appreciated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Verizon comment was about allowing 3rd party devices - not purchased from Verizon. AT&T requires that the device be purchased from them or be approved by them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

For those of you who got the one plus 3, how do you like the phone?  I am a current AT&T customer and will be getting my phone in the next couple of days.  Can I simply swap out my current SIM in my iphone and put it in my new phone?  Or do I need to go into the store and swap out for a new SIM?  Will I have issues with LTE?

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I love it. Best and fastest phone I've ever owned. Oxygen OS is excellent.
Best UI compared to Samsung, others. Battery is fine, although I wish I
could get another hour of screen time from it. Very much looking forward to
the OP4.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@Photodroid wrote:

Verizon comment was about allowing 3rd party devices - not purchased from Verizon. AT&T requires that the device be purchased from them or be approved by them.

@Photodroid.  

Need to clear this up for anyone buying a one plus phone....

AT&T only requires a device be compatible. Approval is no required.  If you add a device that doesn't work, that's no skin off AT&T's nose.

Verizon allows compatible devices also.  A Verizon compatible device MUST have CDMA bands. A strictly GSM phone, like the one plus phone series will never work on Verizon or sprint because it isn't compatible, not because Verizon won't allow the device.

Mentor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

I got the OnePlus3 a few weeks ago and I can't believe I ever bought and iPhone or Samsung device. I went with the OnePlus3 after getting the Samsung Note 7 and having to return it. The phone is so much faster. I have Android Auto in my car and it connects almost instantly. When I had the Note 7 it would take 30 seconds or longer. Everything is so quick on the phone. I highly recommend this phone. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@mshawnlane

AWESOME!  Are you getting LTE okay?

I am always advocating people should shop around and buy good phones for less.

Carrier phones are so expensive.  After the Note mess, it's about time people stop looking to Samsung and Apple for good phones.

People complain about cost of "service".  But $25 or more per line is the cost of a $800 smartphone.  

I spent an hour looking at unlocked phones in Best Buy.  They don't feature the one plus phones, but still have a lot of great phones worth buying.   I was really impressed with the Haiwei Honor 8.  It's a gorgeous phone, not the specs of the one plus though.

Mentor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

I have not had an issue with LTE. My wife also has the OnePlus3 with no issues. We both think the phone is great. We did look at the Honor 8 and lots of other unlocked phones. We spent hours and hours looking. The Honor 8 looks like a really nice phone. I have also ordered the Xiaomi Mi Max. It is a 6.44" screen phone. It will not get LTE in the US. That doesn't really bother me. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can try it out. For the price of these phones I don't ever see myself buying another phone from AT&T. I will have two great phones for less than what I paid for the Samsung Note 7. I hate I had to return it, but now I am glad I did. I hope more and more people will start looking at these unlocked phones. 

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have had the OnePlus3 for a few months.  I love the phone. This is by far the best phone I have ever had.  My only issue is with At&t.  I have a Samsung gear S2 and NumberSync.  Although the OnePlus3 has HD Voice, At&t does not recognize that is has HD Voice.  Therefore I cannot pair NumberSync between the OnePlus3 and the Gear.  This is a big issue for me.  I can't decide rather to get rid of the Gear and NumberSync or to see if another carrier would work better for me.  I don't want to get rid of the phone.  I was hoping that since this was a newly released phone when I got it, maybe AT&T would update it so that it would work before too long.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Att is not going to allow a less than a year old service like number sync on a phone they don't sell.  Numbersync is junk really it eats the watch battery to quick. I have a lg urbane 2 LTE that works better as a standalone device.  I just set up forwarding to the watch.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you.  I will have to try that again.  I messed with it a little bit before but I thought that there was too much of a delay on receiving calls.  I use bluetooth most of the time but I liked the idea that I could walk away from my phone and not miss calls and text.  You are right about the battery though. I previously had a Samsung phone and I could use NumberSync.  The battery would die fast and the watch would get so hot that sometimes it would be disabled to cool down.  I guess I will just nix the NumberSync for now.  Maybe someday.........

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.